Will I Still Be Your God?

 Will I Still Be Your God?


January 16, 2024

6:00 am 


I was awake early in the morning and decided to look outside at this beautiful white scene that blanketed my entire neighborhood.  It had snowed a day before and the temperature was cold enough to preserve this gorgeous snowy wonderland.  I always marveled at the snow blanketing ever tree branch and covering the ground to create a beautiful, picturesque memory that will forever be etched in my mind.  The stillness and quietness of the earth under this blanket of white always brought peace to my soul.  

I was praising God for this beautiful winter backdrop, and thanking Him for providing shelter and heat during this cold snap, when He spoke to me...

"What if your heat goes out?  Will I still be your God?  What if your food supply dries up, will you praise me then?"

"Remember my servant Job?  I was the One who blessed his body with healing and gave back to him more land, more livestock, and more children, than before."

"Paul praised me in chains, will you do the same?  He knew what it meant to be in lack, yet he still called me his God.  He still gave Me thanks and worshiped Me when he did not see the blessing coming."

"Hold fast to what you have - do not lose faith in Me, but praise Me in all circumstances.  Praise Me and give thanks when you have plenty.  Cry out to Me when you are in need, and I will rescue you.  I will supply all that you need.  I have not lost one of My little ones that I call My own."

"Don't worry about the things of this world, for it is soon to pass away.  Only concern yourself with My kingdom and winning lost souls; for their time to repent and turn to Me is growing shorter by the minute.  Help them!  Help them to know Me.  Show them the way to salvation.   Do not be afraid to speak out to them, for I will give you the right words to speak.  If you open yourself to Me, I will speak to them through you."

"Pray mightily My children, for the day is almost over and the night approaches rapidly.  Stand firm in your faith and let NO man rob you of it.  Stay close to Me in prayer each day, and I will see you safely through.  I will bring you home, where your heavenly reward is beyond anything you could ever imagine.  Only believe."


Scripture:  NIV

Job 42:10  After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.

Acts 26: 23-26   After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24 When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.   25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 John 2:17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

 10:18-20  Matthew 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diligent Student will Prevail

Go Forth With My Light