June 13, 2021  Three Storms

For the past three nights in a row, I've had a reoccurring dream involving a storm, flooding, and being trapped in some capacity.  I typically don't remember any dreams, unless they are significant and out of the ordinary, and I certainly don't have very similar dreams in such rapid succession, therefore, I took note when I had three such dreams in a row.  Each of these dreams were the last dream I had just prior to walking up that morning.  

I am a believer that dreams can often be metaphorical.  Sometimes they play out exactly as they are dreamt, however many times they symbolize something else which often isn't realized until it happens.

UPDATE:   Hurricane Ian just made it's way through Florida on September 28,2022 as a CAT 4 storm when it made landfall.  In my dreams I saw a specific area in New Smyrna Beach, FL, a route I took to work everyday.  I just got off the phone with a neighbor friend of mine who told me that most of New Smyrna beach was underwater, specifically the area I dreamed about.  It took a year and two months for this dream to come to fruition, but it finally did.  I still don't know why God gave these dreams to me as I no longer live in that area and they really didn't pertain to me personally.  It's just interesting to see how God operates sometimes.


Friday June 11, 2021

In my dream I was sleeping and hearing loud booms which woke me up.  When I looked outside my bedroom window there was a storm raging in fully furry, much like a hurricane.  It was torrential rain and wind.  I saw tree branches flying past.


Saturday June 12, 2021

I dreamed that I was driving to work one morning just after a bad storm came through the area.  My path to work was blocked by a raging river where a street once was.  Whole trees were floating passed and the water was moving rapidly.  Emergency crews were on hand directing cars to go back.  I was able to get to work though I had to go way out of my way to get there.


Sunday June 13, 2021 

In this dream I was at my childhood home when my cousins came to visit me.  It was just after a bad storm had come through and the ground was all wet with broken tree branches.  We needed to go shopping and decided to walk.  There was a car parked in the driveway, though I don't know why we didn't get in a drive to our destination.  We walked to end of my quiet, one land road.  When we got to the main road, I told everyone it was too dangerous to proceed so we turned around and went back to the house.

I'm not sure if all three dreams depicted the same storm or three separate storms.  It could be that I saw the same storm in three different stages with each dream as if pausing a movie, then coming back to watch more on a different night.  If so then I saw the single storm in progress, then the immediate aftermath, and finally the ripple effect as time passed.  What the storm represents, I have no idea.  I'm praying for clarification and will add to this post as it comes. 

Note:  I am not claiming any coming destruction, nor do I wish to incite fear, for God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and sound mind.  I post what I see or dream incase someone has an interpretation.


Numbers 12:6 

He said "Listen to my words, when there is a prophet among you, I the LORD, reveal Myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.


Joel 2:28

"And afterward, I will pour out My spirit on all people.  Your sons, and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diligent Student will Prevail

Go Forth With My Light