Miracles Happen

December 8, 2013


I want to share with you a story about what happened to me this past week, for the sake of bringing Glory to God and offering encouragement to those who are in need of His intervention in their lives.

I have been out of work for several years.  I used this time to go back to college and finish my degree, graduating in May 2013.  Since graduating, I've been job hunting.  Its been a frustrating process as many jobs have hours that are not conducive to my needs, or I don't possess the proper skill set for the job I want.  

My last job was very stressful.  I worked for a ruthless company with no compassion, no people skills, no nothing.  After ten months of verbal and psychological abuse, I finally left there totally depressed.

Not wanting to end up with another company like the last one.  I prayed, asking for God's guidance.   

Just recently I was sent an email about a job fair at a local restaurant.  Every position was mentioned except the one that I wanted but I went to the job fair anyway and put that position on my application (Ask and you shall receive...MATT 7:7).  I met with the manager for a brief interview and she asked me back for a second interview.

At both interviews flexibility of hours was very important.  She needed someone to be able to work nights and weekends.  Being a single mom that would be difficult for me, however I thought that my mom would be able to help me with that.  She also needed someone to be able to start right away as we were approaching the restaurant's busy season.

When I asked my mom for babysitting help for nights and weekends, she didn't think she could physically manage it - as my little guy is quite a hand full and my mom has already suffered two heart attacks and has other health issues.  That left me with no options but to withdraw my application and keep looking elsewhere.  Mother's hours are very difficult to find - especially with unskilled labor jobs.

Feeling pretty distraught about the situation, I prayed and left it up to God to find me the right job, with the right boss and the right hours.  It was a task and a half so I knew that I wasn't up to the challenge.

The next day, I planned to call the manager back and tell her that I need to withdraw my application due to a conflict with babysitting.   Before I could call her, she called me and offered me the job.

I had to tell her that I don't have the babysitting back up that I thought I was going to have, that would allow me to give her the flexibility of hours that she was looking for.  She then tells me that if I can work 9-4 (essentially mother's hours) that she can live with that (miracle #1).  

She had me scheduled to begin this week but that posed another problem as my child is out of school with a head injury and won't return until after the new year.  She then says to me "That's no problem, I'm still busy in January.  Stay home with your child and enjoy the holidays.  Call me when he goes back to school in January and you can start then" (miracle #2).

Keep in mind:  I was hired for the one position she didn't have open but the very one that I requested (miracle #3).

I say this to point out that God IS (not was - but still IS) the God of miracles.  He worked out every, not some but every, detail to my benefit.  What an amazing God!!!

Here is the miracle run down:

1.  I got hired for the position that was the ONLY position not listed as open.
2.  I got Mother's hours when she was looking for someone to fill in nights and weekends
3.  I can stay home while my child while he recovers and start in January, when she needed someone now.

What should have been a "Well, thanks for applying but I need someone right away for nights and weekends, so I'll have to hire someone else" totally turned around in my favor, and not because I'm anyone special - but because I serve an amazing God, who IS special!

It pays to pray (in earnest, not just for the sake of praying) and when it is God's will for us, ALL (not some but all) of the details will work out for our good.

If you are frustrated and praying about something, maybe a job, a move, or a tough decision, please don't give up.  God IS a God of miracles and He hears our prayers.  He is not slack in answering us.  Sometimes His plan is radically different than what we think we need or want, and it takes time to bring us around to see things from His perspective.  His plan is ALWAYS the better plan.  So be encouraged this day (not tomorrow, not the next - THIS day) that God hears and IS working on, and in your situation for your good.

May you be blessed and encouraged.  Trust in Him, the one and only true God who brought all things into existence, who loves us and seeks to bless us.

All praise and glory to Jesus Christ, our LORD and savior who works all things for our good and His glory.  AMEN.


Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

NOTE:  It says "And we know".  This is a witness.  You can't know something unless you've experienced it.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diligent Student will Prevail

Do Not Doubt My Promises